The only way to raise a special human being is to become one….
- Raise your children by example, example and example
- Tell them you love them and then love them – everyday.
- Tell them they are the most important thing/s in your life.
- Spend quality time with them. One on one.
- Instil self-confidence in them.
- Teach them right from wrong.
- Teach them to respect others.
- Be their best friend
- Praise them every day.
- Show them affection. Hug them often.
- Be a role model for non-violence.
- Listen to them.
- Take the boredom out of their lives by joining them in adventurous, fun activities.
- Talk to them about drugs, gangs, sex, alcohol and peer pressure. You will get to know where they stand on these very important subjects.
- Show and guide your kids by modelling good behaviour
- Don’t take drugs in their company.
- Respect them.
- Don’t judge them harshly. They will make lots of mistakes just like you did when you were their age.
- Don’t humiliate, insult or embarrass them in front of others
- Take an interest in their education as it is one of the most important things that will impact greatly on their future.
If you would like to download the above poster for printing you can purchase it here for $2.95
If you have a child or teenager who has esteem and confidence issues we can provide expert help. Please click on the Chat button for more information.
What are the Great Qualities of a Mother/Father?
We would love to get your feedback. Do you have a story about your own Mum or Dad? Do you know of someone else like your daughter or son who is a fabulous Mum or Dad? Or, simply give us your list of qualities. Tell us your story and we will create and put it on your webpage here on our site for everyone to see! You can even upload pictures.
You can find Qualities of a Good Teenager
You can find Qualities of a Good Teacher
Words are POWERFUL! Motivate your kids NOW!
Positive Beliefs and Actions Slideshow
Here is what sometimes happens when a parent is not a good parent.
A very short story
Return from Good Parent